CDC Issues First Set of Guidelines on How Fully Vaccinated People Can Visit Safely with Others – The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued its first set of recommendations on activities that people who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 can safely resume.
CDC Issues First Set of Guidelines on How Fully Vaccinated People Can Visit Safely with Others
The new guidance—which is based on the latest science — includes recommendations for how and when a fully vaccinated individual can visit with other people who are fully vaccinated and with other people who are not vaccinated. This guidance represents a first step toward returning to everyday activities in our communities. CDC will update these recommendations as more people are vaccinated, rates of COVID-19 in the community change, and additional scientific evidence becomes available.
“We know that people want to get vaccinated so they can get back to doing the things they enjoy with the people they love,” said CDC Director Rochelle P. Walensky, MD, MPH. “There are some activities that fully vaccinated people can begin to resume now in their own homes. Everyone – even those who are vaccinated – should continue with all mitigation strategies when in public settings. As the science evolves and more people get vaccinated, we will continue to provide more guidance to help fully vaccinated people safely resume more activities.”
- Visit with other fully vaccinated people indoors without wearing masks or staying 6 feet apart.
- Visit with unvaccinated people from one other household indoors without wearing masks or staying 6 feet apart if everyone in the other household is at low risk for severe disease.
- Refrain from quarantine and testing if they do not have symptoms of COVID-19 after contact with someone who has COVID-19.
A person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the last required dose of vaccine. Although vaccinations are accelerating, CDC estimates that just 9.2% of the U.S. population has been fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine that the FDA has authorized for emergency use.
While the new guidance is a positive step, the vast majority of people need to be fully vaccinated before COVID-19 precautions can be lifted broadly. Until then, it is important that everyone continues to adhere to public health mitigation measures to protect the large number of people who remain unvaccinated.
CDC recommends that fully vaccinated people continue to take these COVID-19 precautions when in public, when visiting with unvaccinated people from multiple other households, and when around unvaccinated people who are at high risk of getting severely ill from COVID-19:
- Wear a well-fitted mask.
- Stay at least 6 feet from people you do not live with.
- Avoid medium- and large-sized in-person gatherings.
- Get tested if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Follow guidance issued by individual employers.
- Follow CDC and health department travel requirements and recommendations.
CDC has released resources to help people make informed decisions when they are fully vaccinated.
CDC works 24/7 protecting America’s health, safety and security. Whether disease start at home or abroad, are curable or preventable, chronic or acute, or from human activity or deliberate attack, CDC responds to America’s most pressing health threats. CDC is headquartered in Atlanta and has experts located throughout the United States and the world.
Press Release Compliments of the CDC.
Subscribe to SteveZ MaskZ Blog Posts:
Don’t Miss Another How-to Video, Podcast or any other blog posts from SteveZ MaskZ. Subscribe today! Just enter your email address below to subscribe!
Follow SteveZ MaskZ on Social Media:
You can also choose to follow SteveZ MaskZ on social media as well.
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- LORD pour out Your LOVE, LIFE, and LIBERTY – National Day of Prayer 2021LORD pour out Your LOVE, LIFE, and LIBERTY - National Day of Prayer 2021 #NationalDayofPrayer #LoveLifeLiberty #Love #Life #Liberty #Prayer LORD pour out Your LOVE, LIFE, and LIBERTY – National Day of Prayer 2021 appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at LORD pour out Your LOVE,… Read more »
- The Caldwell’s, Missionaries, Aboard the TitanicThe Rare Titanic Family, The Caldwell's, they were missionaries aboard the Titanic. Hear about their survival aboard the sinking Titanic. #Titanic #Titanic104 #RareTitanicFamily #TitanicMissionaries The Caldwell’s, Missionaries, Aboard the Titanic appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at The Caldwell’s, Missionaries, Aboard the Titanic ©2004-2021 by Steve… Read more »
- American Sign Language DayAmerican Sign Language Day also known as ASL Day a day to celebrate American Sign Language (ASL). #ASLDAY American Sign Language Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at American Sign Language Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father -… Read more »
- John Harper, Baptist Pastor, Hero aboard TitanicJohn Harper was a baptist pastor & a hero aboard the Titanic, a ship they said wouldn't sink. Find out why he is a hero! #Titanic #Titanic104 #JohnHarper #LastTitanicHero John Harper, Baptist Pastor, Hero aboard Titanic appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at John Harper, Baptist… Read more »
- Sinking of the Titanic: Anniversary, 1912Sinking of the Titanic: Anniversary, 1912 - This is the anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic. One if not the most deadliest maritime accidents in history. An Iceberg took out the ship no one thought could sink. This is a day of remembrance of those who lost their lives… Read more »
- Joint CDC and FDA Statement on Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 VaccineSteveZ MaskZ Joint CDC and FDA Statement on Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine - As of April 12, 2021, more than 6.8 million doses of the Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) vaccine have been administered in the U.S. CDC and FDA are reviewing data involving six reported U.S. cases of a… Read more »
- The Hand of GodThe Hand of God - With COIVD-19 it changed having guest or visitors for those needing surgeries or hospitalization. That is when some medical staff got creative using hot water and disposable gloves. #HandofGod #Brazil The Hand of God appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at… Read more »
- The Sunflower The Flower of the Year and The Praying Plant as the Plant of the Year for 2021The Sunflower The Flower of the Year and The Praying Plant as the Plant of the Year for 2021 - 1-800-Flowers.com has named the sunflower as 2021’s Flower of the Year and the Prayer Plant as Plant of the Year. The Praying Plant is also known as the Maranta. #Sunflower… Read more »
- Nearly 80 percent of teachers, school staff, and childcare workers receive at least one shot of COVID-19 vaccineSteveZ MaskZ Nearly 80 percent of Pre-K-12 teachers, school staff, and childcare workers received at least their first shot of COVID-19 vaccine by the end of March, according to the CDC’s latest estimates and survey data. Nearly 80 percent of teachers, school staff, and childcare workers receive at least one… Read more »
- The 6 Panel Door: The Cross & The BibleThe 6 panel door is said to represents two Christian symbols. The Cross & an Open Bible. I share if this is true or not about these Cross & Bible Doors / Christian Doors. The 6 Panel Door: The Cross & The Bible appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read… Read more »