Celebrating Mother’s Day while social distancing – Here are some ways to make Mother’s Day special even while social distancing. With some creative thinking, moms across the county can still enjoy the special day they deserve. #MothersDay
Celebrating Mother’s Day while social distancing
To say that COVID-19 changed life as we know it would be an understatement. Many people likely never imagined how much their daily routines would be affected when this novel coronavirus was just a blip on the radar at the end of 2019.
Social distancing may have become the new normal, but it doesn’t mean that holidays like Mother’s Day have to be a washout. As evidenced by holidays that have already taken place amidst social distancing guidelines, people are finding creative ways to celebrate special occasions. Here are some ways to make Mother’s Day special even while social distancing.
· Turn to social apps.
Virtual meeting applications, like Zoom, Skype and FaceTime provide invaluable opportunities to speak and connect face-to-face when in-person gatherings are not possible. They also can be used to break bread together or to play games or relay stories.
· Deliver gifts.
Take a few cues from the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus and plan to drop gifts and run. Seniors and people who have compromised immune systems are at a higher risk of contracting contagious illnesses. While it may be tempting to visit your mother or grandmother in person, even a short visit could put her health at risk. Instead, leave gifts outside the house. For added fun, hide the gifts and provide scavenger hunt clues.
· Dine out at home.
If dining out was something you typically do on Mother’s Day, replicate the experience at home. Try to recreate Mom’s favorite meal from the restaurant she loves or see if that restaurant offers curbside pickup. Transform the dining table into a restaurant table, or take the meal outdoors for some al fresco fun. Let kids serve as the wait staff.
· Spend time together.
One of the silver linings of social distancing is the opportunity for family members who reside under one roof to have more uninterrupted time together. Chances are having the kids nearby and sharing some stories and laughs together will be a perfect way for Mom to enjoy Mother’s Day.
In some cases, you all still may have to wear face masks when you get together.
What are some other ways to Celebrate Mother’s Day that includes social distancing?
Feel free to share in the comments below.
The same can apply to dads for Father’s Day coming up in June.
Article Compliments of MetroCreative. TF206039
Subscribe to SteveZ MaskZ Blog Posts:
Don’t Miss Another How-to Video, Podcast or any other blog posts subscribe today! Just enter your email address below.
Follow SteveZ MaskZ on Social Media
Be sure to follow on your favorite social media to see the latest creations from SteveZ MaskZ!
Below are some examples of blog entries from all blogs that I do.
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- International STAND UP to Bullying DayInternational STAND UP to Bullying Day - an awareness holiday to raise awareness against bullying. #Bullying International STAND UP to Bullying Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at International STAND UP to Bullying Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian… Read more »
- National Chili DayNational Chili Day - That dish with beans that makes a warm hearty meal has it's own holiday! #ChiliDay National Chili Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at National Chili Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A… Read more »
- Spring Ahead! Daylight Saving Time BeginsIt’s that time again! Time to SPRING AHEAD! or Spring Forward however you want to look at it. Basically for most of us we set our clocks ahead an hour before we go to bed. If we don't we may be late for church or even work. #timechange #daylightsavingtime #springahead… Read more »
- Acronym for PushAcronym for Push - This is a Christian acronym for the word Push. I did not write this but, It has been around for a while. Acronym for Push appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Acronym for Push ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of… Read more »
- 4 Omni Attributes of God4 Omni Attributes of God - In this blog post I share the four omni's of God. #Omni 4 Omni Attributes of God appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at 4 Omni Attributes of God ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian… Read more »
- OmnibenevolentOmnibenevolent - One of the omni's of God. In this post I share about what omnibenevolent means. #Omnibenevolent Omnibenevolent appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Omnibenevolent ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible,… Read more »