Celebrating Mother’s Day while social distancing – Here are some ways to make Mother’s Day special even while social distancing. With some creative thinking, moms across the county can still enjoy the special day they deserve. #MothersDay
Celebrating Mother’s Day while social distancing
To say that COVID-19 changed life as we know it would be an understatement. Many people likely never imagined how much their daily routines would be affected when this novel coronavirus was just a blip on the radar at the end of 2019.
Social distancing may have become the new normal, but it doesn’t mean that holidays like Mother’s Day have to be a washout. As evidenced by holidays that have already taken place amidst social distancing guidelines, people are finding creative ways to celebrate special occasions. Here are some ways to make Mother’s Day special even while social distancing.
· Turn to social apps.
Virtual meeting applications, like Zoom, Skype and FaceTime provide invaluable opportunities to speak and connect face-to-face when in-person gatherings are not possible. They also can be used to break bread together or to play games or relay stories.
· Deliver gifts.
Take a few cues from the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus and plan to drop gifts and run. Seniors and people who have compromised immune systems are at a higher risk of contracting contagious illnesses. While it may be tempting to visit your mother or grandmother in person, even a short visit could put her health at risk. Instead, leave gifts outside the house. For added fun, hide the gifts and provide scavenger hunt clues.
· Dine out at home.
If dining out was something you typically do on Mother’s Day, replicate the experience at home. Try to recreate Mom’s favorite meal from the restaurant she loves or see if that restaurant offers curbside pickup. Transform the dining table into a restaurant table, or take the meal outdoors for some al fresco fun. Let kids serve as the wait staff.
· Spend time together.
One of the silver linings of social distancing is the opportunity for family members who reside under one roof to have more uninterrupted time together. Chances are having the kids nearby and sharing some stories and laughs together will be a perfect way for Mom to enjoy Mother’s Day.
In some cases, you all still may have to wear face masks when you get together.
What are some other ways to Celebrate Mother’s Day that includes social distancing?
Feel free to share in the comments below.
The same can apply to dads for Father’s Day coming up in June.
Article Compliments of MetroCreative. TF206039
Subscribe to SteveZ MaskZ Blog Posts:
Don’t Miss Another How-to Video, Podcast or any other blog posts subscribe today! Just enter your email address below.
Follow SteveZ MaskZ on Social Media
Be sure to follow on your favorite social media to see the latest creations from SteveZ MaskZ!
Below are some examples of blog entries from all blogs that I do.
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- Proverbs 4Proverbs 4: Day 4 of the 31 Day Proverbs Challenge. Read Chapter Four of the Book of Proverbs. #Proverbs #Proverbs4 #bgbg2 #31DayProverbsChallenge Proverbs 4 appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Proverbs 4 ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father -… Read more »
- Winter Jam 2021Winter Jam 2021 - Winter Jam is back and with no general admission and also with limited seating. #WinterJam #WinterJam2021 Winter Jam 2021 appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Winter Jam 2021 ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father -… Read more »
- Easter celebrations in the era of social distancingSteveZ MaskZ Easter celebrations in the era of social distancing - Holidays have been celebrated differently since the outbreak of COVID-19 in late 2019. Easter was among the first major holidays to be celebrated differently in 2020, and celebrations likely won't return to normal in 2021. Easter celebrations in the… Read more »
- Proverbs 3Proverbs 3: Day 3 of the 31 Day Proverbs Challenge. Read Chapter Three of the Book of Proverbs. #Proverbs #Proverbs3 #bgbg2 #31DayProverbsChallenge Proverbs 3 appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Proverbs 3 ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father -… Read more »
- Why does the world celebrate St. Patrick’s Day?Why does the world celebrate St. Patrick's Day? - March 17 is a special day for people of Irish heritage and other celebrants across the globe. Each year, millions of people pay homage to St. Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland, with parades, parties and religious services. Celebrations occur even… Read more »
- What is maskne and how do you treat it?SteveZ MaskZ What is maskne and how do you treat it? Wearing masks that cover the lower portion of the face has led to an uptick in instances of acne. (Mask Acne) #Maskne #Acne #MaskAcne What is maskne and how do you treat it? appeared first on SteveZ MaskZ. Read more »
- Power Band Witnessing Tool BraceletPower Band Witnessing Tool Bracelet (Salvation Bracelet) - A fun craft to make for church, youth group, camp, Vacation Bible School and more. A great way to share the gospel using God's colors on a bracelet. Power Band Witnessing Tool Bracelet appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full… Read more »
- Easter SymbolsEaster Symbols - Easter is replete with many recognized symbols. Tradition plays an important role in Easter celebrations for many families. Cherished traditions and symbols of Easter may include anything from egg hunts to lilies to lambs. Understanding the importance behind these symbols can make sharing the miracle of Easter… Read more »
- Proverbs 2Proverbs 2: Day 2 of the 31 Day Proverbs Challenge. Read Chapter Two of the Book of Proverbs. #Proverbs #Proverbs2 #bgbg2 #31DayProverbsChallenge Proverbs 2 appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Proverbs 2 ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father -… Read more »
- Finding Your Spiritual Gifts TestFinding Your Spiritual Gifts Test - I have never taken a spiritual gifts test. I’ve been told by people that they see me having the gift of encouragement. However, I have never taken a test to see. #SpirtualGifts Finding Your Spiritual Gifts Test appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read… Read more »