Governor Cuomo Announces New York State to Adopt New CDC Guidance on Mask Use For Fully Vaccinated People – Guidance Reemphasizes the Importance of Getting Vaccinated for COVID-19. #NewYork
Governor Cuomo Announces New York State to Adopt New CDC Guidance on Mask Use For Fully Vaccinated People
New Guidance Issued by CDC Today Available Here
Governor Andrew M. Cuomo announced that New York State will adopt the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s new guidance on mask use for fully vaccinated people. The guidelines state that fully vaccinated people, defined as two or more weeks after receiving the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine, no longer need to wear masks outdoors, except in certain crowded settings and venues. However, masks should still be worn indoors and should still be worn by people who are not fully vaccinated. This guidance reemphasizes the importance of getting vaccinated and closely adhering to public health guidance, particularly if you are not yet vaccinated. Fully vaccinated individuals with immunocompromising conditions should consult with their healthcare provider first.
“The CDC announced new guidance today saying that when Americans who are fully vaccinated are outside, biking, hiking, running, or in small gatherings, you don’t need to wear a mask. That is liberating, especially now that the weather is getting warmer. New York has adopted that guidance, so that’s going to go into effect in the State also and we want to thank CDC for that. This news underscores the fact that if you get vaccinated, more freedom is available to you, and I encourage all eligible New Yorkers who have not yet received the vaccine to make an appointment today.”Governor Cuomo
According to the new CDC guidance, fully vaccinated people can engage in more activities than unvaccinated people, which include:
- Fully vaccinated workers no longer need to be restricted from work following an exposure as long as they are asymptomatic
- Fully vaccinated residents of non-healthcare congregate settings no longer need to quarantine following a known exposure
- Visit with other fully vaccinated people indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
- Visit with unvaccinated people (including children) from a single household who are at low risk for severe COVID-19 disease indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
- Participate in outdoor activities and recreation without a mask, except in certain crowded settings and venues
- Resume domestic travel and refrain from testing before or after travel or self-quarantine after travel
- Refrain from testing before leaving the United States for international travel (unless required by the destination) and refrain from self-quarantine after arriving back in the United States.
- Refrain from testing following a known exposure, if asymptomatic, with some exceptions for specific settings
- Refrain from quarantine following a known exposure if asymptomatic
- Refrain from routine screening testing if asymptomatic and feasible (in nonhealthcare settings)
This modification will be noticed to the legislature but will take effect immediately using the exigency provisions of Ch. 71 of the laws of 2021, enacted earlier this year.
by click on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe to SteveZ MaskZ Blog Posts:
Don’t Miss Another How-to Video, Podcast or any other blog posts from SteveZ MaskZ. Subscribe today! Just enter your email address below to subscribe!
Follow SteveZ MaskZ on Social Media:
You can also choose to follow SteveZ MaskZ on social media as well.
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- Names for Dad PrintableNames for Dad: What do you call your dad? Do you call him Father? Daddy? Old man? Here is a compiled list of names of Dad. #namesfordad #FathersDay #dad #father #FreePrintable Names for Dad Printable appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Names for Dad Printable… Read more »
- The A-Z of Vacation Bible SchoolThe A-Z of Vacation Bible School (VBS) - This is the list of all things Vacation Bible School using each letter of the alphabet starting with A and going to Z. #VBS #VacationBibleSchool The A-Z of Vacation Bible School appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at… Read more »
- Change in direction on my 1st QuiltSteveZ MaskZ Change in direction on my 1st Quilt - I decided to Sashing‘s gonna make my quilt too big based on the number of panels I have for my nautical quilt. #quilt #1stquilt #quilting Change in direction on my 1st Quilt appeared first on SteveZ MaskZ. Read more »
- Verse Mapping JournalBible Verse Mapping Journal - this Journal is used to extend and use alongside the Verse Mapping Bibles. #VerseMapping #BGBG2 #BibleGatewayPartner Verse Mapping Journal appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Verse Mapping Journal ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father… Read more »
- Verse Mapping BibleVerse Mapping Bible New International Version (NIV). Deepen Your Bible Reading and Unpack the Meaning of Scripture. Learn the Study System developed by Kristy Cambron. #VerseMapping #BGBG2 Verse Mapping Bible appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Verse Mapping Bible ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson… Read more »
- Verse Mapping Bible for Girls ReviewVerse Mapping Bible for Girls Review - This is a review of the NIV Verse Mapping Bible for Girls. Gathering the Goodness of God's Word. A Unique Way to Explore the Bible by Kristy Cambron. #VerseMapping #bgbg2 ##BibleGatewayPartner Verse Mapping Bible for Girls Review appeared first on Courageous Christian Father.… Read more »
- Your Final DestinationYour Final Destination - 10 out of 10 people die! Where will your final destination be? Is your eternal destination Heaven or Hell? (Only 2 places we will go) Plus the Video & Audio Version. #FinalDestination Your Final Destination appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at… Read more »
- Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Approved For Ages 12 and UpSteveZ MaskZ Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Approved For Ages 12 and Up - The Tennessee Department of Health today announced it will begin administering the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine to children ages 12-15 years. #Pfizer #PfizerVaccine #COVID19Vaccine Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Approved For Ages 12 and Up appeared first on SteveZ MaskZ. Read more »
- Survival Kit for Law EnforcementSurvival Kit for Law Enforcement - a goody bag full of candy and messages to help show your support for your local law enforcement officers. Survival Kit for Law Enforcement appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Survival Kit for Law Enforcement ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson… Read more »