Local Fabric Stores – other then buying fabric at big stores, I have supported some local fabric stores. Where you can find the best fabrics for masks making!
Local Fabric Stores
Keep in mind this list is local to me, As I live in East Tennessee. These small independent local fabric shops have the best fabric choices over the big box chains. You should really check out your local fabric or quilt shops!
These are in no particular order.
Cosby Fabrics & Crafts
This is the first one I got to visit. They are located about an hour from me in Harrogate, TN. Right near the Tennessee, Kentucky border.
They have a lot of fabric to choose from. For example, I got coke a Tennessee Vols, M&M’s, Butterfinger, Pink Nursing, Breast Cancer Awareness, and more etc.
Don’t confuse Mrs. Cosby’s fabric store for being in Cosby, TN. Cosby is the owners last name and located in Harrogate, TN.
662 Patterson Road
Harrogate, TN 37752
Old Town Fabric
This one is not that local, but still a good drive. It is around 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive from me. They are located in Berea, KY. They sell all kinds of fabrics too. I got my Navy one there. I also got some Peanuts fabrics there. Plus, the white Nurses fabric.
132 N Broadway
Berea, KY 40403
While you are there! Eat at PapaLeno’s!
The Quilt Patch
My wife visited this one and got me some faith-based fabrics. I finally got to go and visit and got more Sport Team fabrics like Florida and Georgia. I also got a few military ones (Marines, Army and Air Force). They are located just a little over an hour from me in LaFollette, TN. They even have huge quilting machines. I mean huge!
2221 Jacksboro Pike
LaFollette, TN 37766
Stitch ‘n Time Fabric Outlet
This fabric shop is located about 35 minutes from me in Bean Station, TN. This is one of the places I got my cat fabrics from. They have all kinds of cool fabric choices too.
2223 Broadway Drive
Bean Station, TN 37708
Little Women Quilt Shop
This one is a cute little shop where I live. So it is not even 10 minutes from me. They sell a lot of quilting type fabric, including solid colors. They even have the face mask panel with 18 faces on it like, monsters, cows, pigs, etc. They sell a lot of cool quilting-type fabrics. Plus, they are going to have classes soon. Like a T-Shirt quilting class. Which, I have been saving t-shirts for many years to make one day. I just might join that class! THey are very friendly there! Stop in and tell Hunter, Steve sent you.
They also have a discount card program.
85 Martha Glass Drive
Jefferson City, TN 37760
Foothills of the Smoky’s Quilt Shop
Kind of a hidden gem. Found in the Cosby, TN, part of the Smoky Mountains. This quilt shop sells a lot of kinds of quilting fabrics and even quilting panels. I got some fabric from his place and plan to be back. Enjoy shopping in this log cabin and rustic feel inside too. She also sells quilts and other sewing projects created.
3892 Cosby Highway
Cosby, TN 37722
Beckie’s Sewing Center
Here is a nice local place to buy fabric and sewing machines (including embroidery, surgers, etc.). They also sell vinyl and cross stitching DMC floss. Tell them you are a first time person and might give you something with Beckie’s Sewing Center on it. Like I got a small note book and ink pen with that on it. They have all kinds of fabric to choose from too.
They have a discount program too.
2030 Old Highway 25E
Tazewell, TN 37879
Twisted Sisters Quilt Shop
A great fabric store with a lot of choices of fabric to choose from. They have friendly staff and even customers. There are many, many rooms of fabric I will add. They even have a discount program you can join. I found me a lot of fabric for face masks and my other products. Plus, some to attempt my nautical quilt which will be my first quilt I have made. There was so much more I wanted but wow!
240 Gill Street
Alcoa, TN 37701
Mountain Creek Quilt Shop
This is an awesome gem! Not only do they have a huge selection of fabric, they also do classes. I found a lot of fabric here that I am going to use for that nautical quilt I am going to attempt, but also for more face masks. They also had a huge amount of fabrics that I would loved to have had. The staff is very friendly and helpful here too. Do make sure you verify their hours for that day before arriving.
3531 US Hwy 411S
Maryville, TN 37801
List is not all of the local fabric shops
With any of these places tell them SteveZ MaskZ sent you!
If you are a fabric store and are located within around a couple of hours drive from Jefferson City, TN, feel free to contact SteveZ MaskZ so I can check you out and possibly add you to this list!
This is not all of them! There are many more, I have just not got to visit yet. I try to buy fabrics from local fabric stores. But, I have also got fabrics from Hobby Lobby and JoAnn’s Fabrics.
But, the local fabric stores, sell fabrics that the big chains can’t. So look up what fabric and quilt shops are near you. Go visit them! Find the coolest fabrics that you may not be able to find anywhere else!
Subscribe to SteveZ MaskZ Blog Posts:
Don’t Miss Another How-to Video, Podcast or any other blog posts from SteveZ MaskZ. Subscribe today! Just enter your email address below to subscribe!
Follow SteveZ MaskZ on Social Media:
You can also choose to follow SteveZ MaskZ on social media as well.
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- The Hand of GodThe Hand of God - With COIVD-19 it changed having guest or visitors for those needing surgeries or hospitalization. That is when some medical staff got creative using hot water and disposable gloves. #HandofGod #Brazil The Hand of God appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at… Read more »
- The Sunflower The Flower of the Year and Plant of the Year for 2021The Sunflower The Flower of the Year and Plant of the Year for 2021 - The Sunflower is also known as the Prayer Plant. #Sunflower #PrayerPlant The Sunflower The Flower of the Year and Plant of the Year for 2021 appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article… Read more »
- Nearly 80 percent of teachers, school staff, and childcare workers receive at least one shot of COVID-19 vaccineSteveZ MaskZ Nearly 80 percent of Pre-K-12 teachers, school staff, and childcare workers received at least their first shot of COVID-19 vaccine by the end of March, according to the CDC’s latest estimates and survey data. Nearly 80 percent of teachers, school staff, and childcare workers receive at least one… Read more »
- The 6 Panel Door: The Cross & The BibleThe 6 panel door is said to represents two Christian symbols. The Cross & an Open Bible. I share if this is true or not about these Cross & Bible Doors / Christian Doors. The 6 Panel Door: The Cross & The Bible appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read… Read more »
- Project LinusProject Linus - When you think of a blanket, you might think of Linus from the Peanuts Snoopy cartoon. He always is seen with his security blanket. This is where you can help give children in hospitals a security blanket. #ProjectLinus #Linus Project Linus appeared first on Courageous Christian Father.… Read more »
- Project LinusSteveZ MaskZ Project Linus - When you think of a blanket, you might think of Linus from the Peanuts Snoopy cartoon. He always is seen with his security blanket. This is where you can help give children in hospitals have a security blanket. #ProjectLinus #Linus Project Linus appeared first on… Read more »
- National Former Prisoner of War Recognition DayNational Former Prisoner of War Recognition Day - A day to celebrate and honor former Prisoner of War men and women. National Former Prisoner of War Recognition Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at National Former Prisoner of War Recognition Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson… Read more »
- CDC and NIH bring COVID-19 self-testing to residents in two localesSteveZ MaskZ CDC and NIH bring COVID-19 self-testing to residents in two locales - The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in collaboration with the National Institutes of Health (NIH), has launched an innovative community health initiative called “Say Yes! COVID Test” starting in Pitt County, North Carolina, and… Read more »
- CDC Real-World Study Confirms Protective Benefits of the COVID-19 VaccinesSteveZ MaskZ CDC Real-World Study Confirms Protective Benefits of the COVID-19 Vaccines - A new CDC study provides strong evidence that mRNA COVID-19 vaccines are highly effective in preventing SARS-CoV-2 infections in real-world conditions among health care personnel, first responders, and other essential workers. #COVID19Vaccine CDC Real-World Study Confirms Protective… Read more »
- One Million People Fully Vaccinated Against COVID-19 in TennesseeSteveZ MaskZ One Million People Fully Vaccinated Against COVID-19 in Tennessee - Tennessee has reached a vaccination landmark of one million Tennesseans being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Approximately 22 percent have received at least one dose. One Million People Fully Vaccinated Against COVID-19 in Tennessee appeared first on SteveZ MaskZ. Read more »
- CDC Issues Updated Guidance on Travel for Fully Vaccinated PeopleSteveZ MaskZ CDC Issues Updated Guidance on Travel for Fully Vaccinated People - The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) updated its travel guidance for fully vaccinated people to reflect the latest evidence and science. CDC Issues Updated Guidance on Travel for Fully Vaccinated People appeared first on SteveZ… Read more »
First published August 31, 2020. Last updated or republished March 1, 2021. (This post will be updated with more fabric shops that I have visited or got some fabric from for products here on SteveZ MaskZ.